Exercise moderation during this festive time of the year, and you will sustain all of your present gains.
Now that the holidays are right around the corner, wouldn’t this be a good time to establish some parameters for holiday food consumption? There will be numerous opportunities to overindulge with all the holiday parties, treats and spirits waiting for you. For some of us, holiday eating is akin to holiday spending, it doesn’t take long to over do it but we end up paying for it all year long.
After devoting numerous hours chiseling your frame to the perfect proportions, do you really want to throw it all away? Ok having said that, let’s look at some preventive measures to safe guard all your hard work.
1. Moderation- remember, most things aren’t bad if consumed in moderation.
2. Keep plenty of healthy snack on hand such as fruits, nuts, whole grain cracker, low-fat yogurts, unsweetened fruit juices, smoothes and trail mix.
3. Eat breakfast and/or lunch the day of the party (depending on the time of the party), this well help to prevent over-eating at the party.
4. Start with fruits and/or vegetables at holiday parties, this will leave less room for the foods with lower nutritional value.
If you can’t maintain your workout routine:
1. Park further from the store/mall to increase the distance you walk.
2. Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.
3 Do house work at a quicker than normal pace (this may be the case anyway with a busy holiday schedule).
4. Try short intense bouts of cardio and strength movements instead of 1 long routine.
Have a safe and happy holiday season.
“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one”. –James Froude-